Thursday, April 8, 2010

Twin Peaks Turns 20

Today marks the 20th Anniversary of the premiere of Twin Peaks. NPR has an article on it here.

How about some pics of my favorite Twin Peaks trading cards? They even have info and stats on the backs!

7. Cherry Pie
(Recipe on the back)
33. Cup of Coffee

13. Corpse - Laura Palmer in a Body Bag
14. Laura Palmer
Nickname: "Blue Eyes"
Birth Date: 7/22/72
Sign: Cancer
Likes: Potato pancakes with 
creamed corn topping
Education: Twin Peaks High School
Actor: Sheryl Lee

42. The Log Lady - Margaret Lanterman
Accomplishments: I have been instrumental in
the teaching of fire prevention and ballroom
dancing. I visit the sick and the sick of heart.
I am a former candy striper. I am a nature
docent with the Twin Peaks Wilderness Society.
Strengths: My forearms.
Weaknesses: Rugged, good-looking men; saplings. 
43. The Log

59. Leland Palmer
Weaknesses: BOB
58. "Killer BOB"
Accomplishments: I have survived for as
long as man has been on earth.
Strengths: I am able to inhabit human souls
and, through them, act out evil. Punishment
is the only acceptable form of retribution.
Weaknesses: I cannot possess everyone. 

No comments: