Sunday, April 18, 2010

Movie of the Day: Kick-Ass

KICK-ASS (2010)

In the summer of 2009 I was one of the fortunate few to see footage from Kick-Ass at their San Diego Comic-Con panel. After viewing the Hit Girl action sequence I immediately bolted from my chair to give it my enthusiastic praise (So much so that screenwriter Jane Goldman pointed at me in awe/disgust). 

Once Kick-Ass finally opened I saw it twice in the first 2 days it was out, and I plan to see it at least a few more times in theaters. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite movies. As a teen movie/super hero origin story/extreme-violence action epic/crass comedy it combines most of my favorite things. And not mention, Nic Cage as the awesomely awkward cherry on top. Kick-Ass is one of those rare movies that not only lived up to my fanboy anticipation, but exceeded it by far! I've got the main theme from the score stuck in my head... I wanna go see it again!

2 comments:

KP said...

I just didn't like how there was a dramatic change from the comic.

FETTS said...

Yeah it's way less dark than the comic, but I felt it was appropriate for the movie.