Friday, January 1, 2010

Movie of the Day: 2010: The Year We Make Contact

So I kind of stopped doing Movie of the Day/Decade posts in November. For the new year I hereby resolve to keep up on movie posts! If nothing else, just to keep a log of movies I've been watching. And I still plan to do some posts with my favorite movies of the last decade...

Anyways, I decided to make 2010 my first movie of 2010. (No one cares that the decade doesn't "actually" start until 2011.)


2010 (1984)

My favorite scene from the film is during the aerobrake sequence when American Heywood Floyd (Roy Scheider) and Russian Irina Yakunina (Natasha Schneider) embrace each other in the face of possible doom. Remember, this was filmed during the Cold War. They just didn't foresee it being over in the year 2010.

Below is the whole aerobrake sequence, although it looks terrible. The Blu-ray looks great, though!

No comments: